Wednesday, January 5, 2011

gaining momentum

Now that I'm fully present at work and no longer pretending that break isn't over, I'm actually making some progress on my writing. It's still painful, and mostly what I've perfected this week so far is looking busy and thoughtful while I'm actually staring blankly at the screen or breaking the "rules" by surfing the web.

See, we're all working in a group study room in the library. So there's quite a bit of pressure to feel as though I'm clicking away on my computer, even though I'd rather be doing just about anything else. But I actually felt as though I'd made enough progress to print out the draft to do some revisions. This was a big step.

And I got to catch up with a colleague for a couple hours this afternoon while planning for our classes starting on Monday. It was good to chat after three days of silent, painful writing.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...