I can't remember ever liking Valentine's Day. And today I get to spend the day in the worst two places I can think of to spend this ridiculous "holiday" - a middle school and a high school. All that candy and teddy bears and flowers and tears and candy and broken hearts and candy. Ugh.
And then I get to teach class tonight to a bunch of folks who are crabby about having to spend their Valentine's Day in class.
All that adds up to loads of awesome to start the week.
Sorry. You're right - schools are full of v-day drama. I hope your day passes quickly. On another topic...way to go on your running!
ReplyDeleteHow was your day, Kate? Hope it wasn't as bad as you were anticipating.
ReplyDeleteThis is a totally overrated holiday.
It wasn't so bad. In the HS in the am, and I didn't witness too many tears. Was mostly glad I wasn't a bus driver, since someone with(out) infinite wisdom allowed the MS students to pay a dollar to eat whatever candy they brought during class. Most kids ate candy for the entire hour. Can we say sugar high?
ReplyDeleteThis is JJ's first year in elementary school, and I was shocked at how much sugar he ate--and came home with! Oh well. The main problem is really preventing myself from dipping into the bowl.
ReplyDeleteYeah, self-control over candy is part of my problem with the day too.
ReplyDelete