Chronicling my own education of all kinds - life as an assistant professor, learning to be a wife, and coming to terms with flaws.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
what the hell, facebook
Sometimes I get freaked out by technology. I wonder what Facebook knows about me to encourage me to like certain things or friend certain people. Case in point: yesterday I was checking my newsfeed on my phone, and at the top was "someone you might know," and it was the immature young man I dated last year. Remember, the one who invited me over for dinner, and then didn't know how to make dinner? The one I couldn't break up with when I wanted to because an irish girl couldn't break up with an irish boy on St. Patrick's Day? The one who told me when my life became stable I should contact him again? Yeah, that one. We don't know anyone in common, I never friended him or any of his friends. How does Facebook know this about me? Weird. Very weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think if he looked at your profile or you at his then it shows up OR if he was looking for friends with his e-mail friend finder and your e-mail was in there. Hide, hide, hide!:) Did you like the movie?
ReplyDelete