Saturday, November 19, 2011

right here waiting

Yesterday I had plans with some folks for a birthday happy hour (for someone else, not my birthday). I didn't really know who all was going to be there, but got a text from one friend that she was running late. "No worries, I'll get us a table," I replied.

And there I sat and waited. For an hour and twenty minutes. No one showed up. I got more and more irritated, and finally left. I got a text about seven minutes later that they just got there and wondering where I was. I didn't go back.

I am often the one on time. I showed up half an hour late because this group tends to run late. So actually, they were almost two hours late! That's just too long to have to wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...