Monday, March 11, 2013

white knuckling it through the term

I feel as though I am racing all the time. I wake up and it is a race to get things done until I collapse into bed far later than I want and need to be getting into bed. Work is stressful, teaching 5 classes on top of student teacher supervision, the blog, the new position I have as a faculty-in-the-field at an elementary school. I am not able to provide the kind of feedback I'd like to on all my students' assignments, and sometimes my classes have been less than inspired. I know that I also make decisions that add to my stress, like playing in Yeoman this year, but that's something I'm actually enjoying and look forward to during the week.

But today I got through almost everything I needed to during the actual work day so I am going to take the evening off from work. If I'm going to have even a moderately decent half marathon on Sunday, I need to prioritize some sleep this week. I'm in no shape to race this well, but I definitely don't want to bonk because I didn't get enough sleep. Sleep, need sleep.

5 comments:

  1. are you visiting your cousin? good luck, lady!! you're gonna rock it. moderately good sounds perfect!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, won't have time to visit the cuz. Just a quick trip away from this popsicle stand. thanks for the well-wishes. I'll let you know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. Are you on overload, or is this your regular assignment??? 5 classes on top of student teacher supervision (and everything else) seems like a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an overload. I had 3 classes and 4 student teachers as overload this year. It's been exhausting.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it. Glad to read your last entry - being thanked can help get you through it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...