Because of the polar vortex that has lived over the midwest the last three days, campus was closed and classes canceled yesterday and today. It meant I had to figure out how to hold a 3.5 hour class online with students who were not prepared for an online class. So, I couldn't guarantee they would all be able to access a new technology to meet synchronously and yet had to figure out how to accomplish the necessary objectives for the class. With only 4 weeks of class and a total of 8 meetings, I needed this one.
So I ended up creating some crappy videos in my dining room I uploaded to YouTube for students to watch, and narrated a lecture. It wasn't ideal, but it was all I could do in the short notice. Students seem to have managed ok, and I was thankful not to have to deal with whining about the cold if they were forced to come to class. I guess I'll see how it went in class tomorrow.
Here's to J-term!
So I ended up creating some crappy videos in my dining room I uploaded to YouTube for students to watch, and narrated a lecture. It wasn't ideal, but it was all I could do in the short notice. Students seem to have managed ok, and I was thankful not to have to deal with whining about the cold if they were forced to come to class. I guess I'll see how it went in class tomorrow.
Here's to J-term!
0 comments:
Post a Comment