Wednesday, December 7, 2011

under the weather

I used to get sick a lot. But after I started running and, with the exception of a couple years in grad school when I didn't really sleep for three years, I stopped getting sick. Oh, I've felt under the weather for a day or two every once in a while, but really, I've been lucky. I credit figuring out that I needed to relieve stress (i.e. running), eating better, and washing my hands like crazy. Almost ocd crazy, but it works.

But now I've been achy, tired, sore throat, headache, chills, etc for four days, and I'm out of practice. I'm blaming the hotel and flights to the conference. So far, I've taken time off running, drank lots of oj, taken theraflu at night. I can't sleep because I'm too stuffed up, so that's making things worse. I know I just need time, but I'm so used to bouncing back after 24 hours or so. I thought I was getting better yesterday, but have gotten progressively worse throughout the day today.

Ok, enough whining. I'll get the grading done that's piling up, I'll continue to teach even if I feel like death warmed over, and I'll get better eventually.

And then I can get back to being thankful that I'm usually very healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Bill was the same sick over the weekend. Dayquil seemed to help. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...