I can't say there's much to report from my neck of the woods. Running, violin, reading, teaching. That's about it.
The running club has been such a fun experiment, though. I feel stronger after only two weeks, though I'm trying to be careful not to overdo it. We did 9 miles in intervals tonight, and I was able to hang with some folks I don't think I had any business running with. The coach has it in his head that I could, within the year, run a 3:30 marathon. That's some crazy talk. I am hoping for a 3:45 at Grandmas. And that is pretty ambitious given my TCM disappointment. But, the workout tonight boosted my confidence a little. Time will tell.
My class of 3 students for Young Adult Lit is dreadful. Could not be less excited for that tomorrow night. I changed things up in terms of the plan for how class will go, and fingers crossed it's a little better. I can't spend another 3.5 hours of crickets. Well, it wasn't all crickets. They did talk when they complained about how terrible all the books they read for class were. Cuz, you know, award winning YA books are crap, of course. I'm all for bringing a critical eye to a text, but come on people. You can't find anything redeeming?
On the bright side, aside from the student who called in sick from class because she had eaten too much pizza the night before and hadn't slept well, my Children's Lit class is wonderful. Engaged students and thoughtful discussions. My online class is going fine as well, and my student teachers give me faith in the future.
And as for my resolutions, I'm doing great with 2, 3, and 5. Only made it to the St. Kate's library once, and haven't gone on a date in 2012. Oh, and I'm not doing much writing yet either.
0 comments:
Post a Comment