Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 resolutions

I tend to be a little over ambitious in setting resolutions. This year, I'd like to give more in time and money to people and organizations I care about. I haven't figured out exactly how to do that, but that's a goal of mine for the year. In addition, I have a few more...

1. write more. professionally and personally.

2. watch less tv. most of the time, it's just on for white noise. going to work on trading tv for the radio or becoming ok with silence.

3. start cooking more again. I set this as a resolution two years ago and did great, but then this past year got away from me. I'd like to learn to make a pot roast. And roast a chicken. And how to cook with tofu. I'm recommitting to cooking twice a week. since every recipe I make ends up being three meals anyway, this has me pretty much covered for the week.

4. visit the public library at least once a month.

5. use eye cream every night. I'm not getting any younger, but I don't need to look like it.

6. keep dating. blah. I have almost no faith that there is someone out there for me, but I must have a little since I'm back on match.com.

I think that's a fine list to begin with. Let's hear it for 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Good resolutions, Kate! I am with you on the cooking. I got Mark Bittman's _How to Cook Everything_ for Christmas and am going to try some new things in the (tiny, rental) kitchen in 2012.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...