Day 14 of no running. Twice as long as I've ever gone since I started running in 2003. I'm trying to be ok with my forced hiatus due to the torn calf muscle that, surprisingly, was not made better by running a marathon. Go figure. At least that's what the PT thought it was, though when I saw her just a couple days after the race, my legs were too inflamed to really tell what was wrong. I see her again on Tuesday, and hopefully will know a little more about how long it'll likely be before I'm back.
My current worry is that I'll be out long enough that I won't be able to do Ragnar in August. I really don't want to miss out on that. I have always wanted to do it, and it is looking to be an awesome time. I know, I know, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I couldn't do it. I just haven't ever had an injury like this before and I don't know what to expect.
In the mean time, I'm crawling out of my skin from lack of cardio. I'm aqua-jogging for as long as I can stand it every day (which is 45 minutes so far; after that, I'm cold, pruny, and bored to tears). I'm also doing pilates every day and I'm going to give bodypump a try tomorrow too (minus the lunges). It's better than nothing.
My current worry is that I'll be out long enough that I won't be able to do Ragnar in August. I really don't want to miss out on that. I have always wanted to do it, and it is looking to be an awesome time. I know, I know, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I couldn't do it. I just haven't ever had an injury like this before and I don't know what to expect.
In the mean time, I'm crawling out of my skin from lack of cardio. I'm aqua-jogging for as long as I can stand it every day (which is 45 minutes so far; after that, I'm cold, pruny, and bored to tears). I'm also doing pilates every day and I'm going to give bodypump a try tomorrow too (minus the lunges). It's better than nothing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment