Monday, February 11, 2013

foiled again.

It seems as though MVO is not meant to have February concerts. Two years ago, we had a major snowstorm and postponed. That was a bummer, since we were playing the Khachaturian violin concerto with a MN Orch superstar and the change in date made for a small audience. We had a snowstorm last year, but persevered with a very tiny audience. Then yesterday, we postponed our Feb concert once again, this time to Tuesday night which is our normal rehearsal night. This is a bummer because as with many orchestras, our audience is older and do not like to venture out at night. We will likely have a small audience once again. The only thing that might save us is that we have two choirs participating, so they might bring in a few extra people.

I suppose it was for the best. I'm sorry it means we'll have one fewer rehearsal for our next concert. We're playing Shostakovich Symphony #5, which is awesome but also a beast, and we could use all the rehearsals we can get. I guess it just means I'll have to practice more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...