I haven't quite identified the silver lining of the whole Boston thing. I think that it might take some time, and perhaps it will not happen until I get the official word I'm not running it. But regardless, I am feeling 100% better about it. I am not sure how that happened, but after my pathetic pity-party on Tuesday, I woke up on Wed with a new perspective on the whole thing. Would I still love to run Boston? Absolutely! But it just isn't worth feeling bad about any more. I just can't think about it every day, the way I have for the last 3 years as I've worked to get faster. I just don't want to have this be how I determine my success as a runner any more.
Feeling zen about whatever happens next week. Maybe the BAA will have a shocking announcement. But if not, I'll settle on a new goal and everything will be great.
Feeling zen about whatever happens next week. Maybe the BAA will have a shocking announcement. But if not, I'll settle on a new goal and everything will be great.
0 comments:
Post a Comment