I went to the home of the guy I've recently started seeing this past Saturday. The place was all boy. A huge tv and a great couch. A tv he had won on The Price is Right, no less. He was very proud, and even showed me the video.
As for the rest of the place, a card table for a dining room table, stained carpets, and not much else. Three pictures hanging on the wall, nearly touching each other in the upper right corner of the wall, not 6 inches below the ceiling. How boy is that?! (Who does he think can look at pictures up there? Yao Ming?) And just because you bought the pictures in another country does not make it art.
He was very excited to cook for me. It was very sweet of him. It would have been better if I had cooked. But the gesture did not go unnoticed.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but he seems kind of green to me. I sometimes feel like I'm babysitting more than dating. That's harsh, yes, and it's not quite accurate. But when he said that one of his deal-breakers was that he has to name his first-born son Wyatt because that's his party name from college, I got a little worried. Well first I laughed because I thought he was kidding, but when he got huffy about it and told me I'd warm up to the idea and that we should drop it (this was a third date, by the way), I got a little concerned. He wants his legacy to be his drunk college boy party name? Really???
Weighing sweetness against slight immaturity. Tough call.
0 comments:
Post a Comment