Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gustavus

Today was the beginning of my two days of learning about Gustavus. It was actually the only college I applied to other than the one I attended. I had no interest in attending, but my folks said it was irresponsible to only apply to one school.

But that was then. Now it is a potential employer, and being seen through much different eyes. Met with the other elementary education professors this evening for dinner after a nice chat with the chair of the department. The program seems to have a lot of cool stuff going on (like opportunities to student-teach in Spain or Alaska!), and the elementary ed professors seem to have a nice rapport with each other.

And I learned about St. Peter. The small town in Minnesota, not the Apostle. I knew towns smaller than 10,000 people existed. Of course I did. I drive through them all the time here in the midwest. I thought I grew up in a small town. This small town seems really small. Cute, yes. But small.

So now I'm preparing for the onslaught of tomorrow. Starts at 6:45am. Bring it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...