I think the only way I survived last year was to tell myself that it would be so much better this year. That once I was done with the dissertation I would get my life back.
Ha.
It is better, it is. But I really shouldn't be working a part time job on top of my college prof gig. I love that I have one foot in the classroom, and I don't want to lose that. I think I'm doing a pretty good job at both jobs, and my mid-term evals were really positive. But...
I am so burned out. Exhausted. Out of steam. My pace last year and over the summer was bound to catch up to me. And it has. Big time. So even though I'm working slightly more reasonable hours, I just don't feel present.
I need to rejuvenate. Trying to figure out how to band-aid the situation until winter break, when I plan to sleep from Christmas to New Years. Screw family visitors and planning for my new class starting 1/3. I'll need to nap.
Hmmm... you must be exhausted. I so appreciate that you aren't cut off from the classroom (my big beef with some ed. profs). Can you come for a visit?
ReplyDelete