There were so many cute elementary, middle, and high school students there. I got there an hour early and there was already a considerable crowd. Some were even wearing Hunger Games t-shirts or a Mockingjay necklace. One girl wore a t-shirt that said, "Katniss could whip Bella any day." Clearly a very excited crowd.

I'm standing against the bookshelves in a green sweater next to a guy in a gray/blue sweater.
Suzanne came out to her table, and said she was going to do a reading in the voice she hears Katniss using in her head, what she called, "futuristic Appalachian." Then she read a few paragraphs from Catching Fire and then a couple pages from Mockingjay. And that was it. No talk about the books, no questions from the audience. We were then herded outside to wait for our ticket number to be called to get our book stamped (she has a hand injury, so wasn't even signing the books).
I still love the books, but not as much a fan of her. Give us something.
0 comments:
Post a Comment