I am surprised and pleased that the day's big event, my 'break-up' with my therapist, has produced no anxiety, no second thoughts, no trauma, no nothing.
I went in there, told her I was ready to fly the coop, and she agreed. She said she is sad to lose the connection because she really enjoys our time together, but said that my life doesn't seem to warrant the type of therapy in which we've been engaged.
This is not to say that I am perfect and all my issues are gone. Nay, I still have some pretty serious issues to sort through. But she was in agreement that she may not be the one I need at this time and after making some suggestions of places to go if I were to feel the need (and telling me her door is always open for me), I left.
After close to 9 years, it is a little strange to think about not having a weekly therapy session. But I'm ready to move forward.
Great!
ReplyDelete