Tuesday, March 22, 2011

feeling helpless

My poor sis has been looking for a job forever. I don't understand this, as she really is the smartest person I know. I helped her prep for her PhD defense, and only by the third time I heard the talk did I start to really understand what she was talking about. I can barely understand the titles of her publications, much less the content. That sounds bad. I don't mean it like she can't explain her stuff. Just that I'm too stupid about paleoclimate geology to make sense of her smart research.

Admittedly, I'm biased. Of course I think my sister should get a rock star job. But this economy is awful. And even in the sciences there aren't a lot of jobs. Then there's the fact that she's overqualified but underexperienced for a lot of the jobs she wants. What a shitty place to be.

Anyway, I'm feeling helpless and know that she's feeling crappy. I guess, though, since the world is ending in a few short months that it won't matter soon. But I still hope she finds something soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...