Thursday, March 24, 2011

red in the face

A coworker recently asked if I ever met anyone (men) at the gym. I spit out my diet coke and didn't stop laughing for a solid minute. The thought of me meeting anyone at the gym is just that ridiculous.

See, I have this problem that I turn tomato red when I work out. Especially when I run. It's embarrassing. Like yesterday, I did a speed workout on the treadmill and I may have imagined it, but I swear a woman stared at me all the way across the floor as I left. I didn't care much about her, since she was texting and "cycling" in jeans at the same time. I can't imagine her "workout" did much for her. Yeah, I can judge too. But I suppose I might stare at me too. It's really that awful.

Anyway, the redness is startling and stays like that forever. This past summer I was walking on my block to cool down after a 15 miler, and my neighbor asked me if I was ok. I replied that I was fine and she said, "But you're so red. You look like you're gonna have a heart attack." Meanwhile, I had just run 15 miles and she was smoking on her stoop. Again with the judging.

So no, I will never meet anyone at the gym. Unless I meet them before I start working out. And they'll have to leave before I start.

1 comment:

  1. I've been out of the loop, but Bill asked me out while exercising and I'm sure I get just as red!:) Bummer about the match guy. Too small of world, huh? How's your week been?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...