Tuesday, March 29, 2011

opera update

It was a fun, but long, weekend of opera shows. We've had pretty enthusiastic crowds, and folks are even waiting until the orchestra is done playing the curtain call to cheer for us. Which is rare. But should happen for every show with a live orchestra.

At shows I've attended, I've often been the lone woot-er at the end of a show cheering for the musicians after the cast has long left the stage. It usually embarrasses whomever I'm with, but I don't care. I know. The cast gets all the glory of a show. A little clapping isn't much, but it is appreciated.

On a side note, I'm really glad I'm only doing three weekends this year instead of four. At first I was disappointed that I'd miss the last weekend and the end of opera party. But I'm not in great shape to do this many shows. And I'm already tired of the pit drama this year. Three weekends will be enough. And then I get 10 months off til next year.

1 comment:

  1. You must be the busiest girl on the planet. Congrats on a weekend behind you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...