So remember the first first date from two weeks ago, the one who kind of freaked me out with all his fears about why he's single and that he doesn't know how to date? I do admit that it may be refreshing to have someone open up like that, but it made me uncomfortable. And I know that if I did that to a guy within the first 20 minutes of a date, he'd likely make the fastest excuse to get out of there and would never call me again. We've all seen SATC. Just sayin. But I am starting to be more willing to give these things a second chance, since first dates can generally be pretty awkward, and it is good to see if there's something there once the dust settles.
I emailed to thank him for dinner. [though I know some guys want to be chivalrous or whatever, I really prefer not to let the guy pay on a first date. But he seriously started to argue with me and it just wasn't worth a scene.] I got a reply from him saying he too had a nice time and that he'd like to see me again. He then proposed three dates. Not options for our second date, but the dates and events for the next three dates we'd go on. He also wanted to book me for something he had going on in July. I appreciate his enthusiasm, and I suppose if I were really excited about him this might not be weird and overzealous? But seriously, can we just see how date #2 goes before we start booking up the rest of the summer??
I agreed to one of the dates, and then over the weekend realized that I'd confirmed for Monday and I have photography class on Monday so I had to cancel. He said that was fine and asked if I wanted to go to a movie on Wednesday, and then a cooking class on Friday night, and then on Saturday go to the Twin Cities Jazz Festival. Again, not three options for our second date, but with the thinking that we'd do all three. Now, these are good ideas. But again, could we just plan a second date, and not have to plan #3, #4, and #5 too? A simple "or" is all he needed instead of "and." Maybe that was a mistake. But that's what he wrote.
Also, over the course of the last two days, he's sent me three emails with possible names for his new business for some feedback, asking for some advice on his business plan, and ideas for his next vacation.
Too much, dude. Too much.
I'm probably looking for reasons not to go out with this guy again because our first date was filled with so many awkward silences. Like I said, if I had left with a little more excitement (like I did with the second first date from last week), I probably wouldn't get freaked out by the over-enthusiasm. But I wasn't excited and now I'm annoyed too.
Next.
I kept laughing out loud reading this. Yuck. Yes. Next!
ReplyDeleteI tried to respond to this last night, but it looks like my comment didn't take. In essence: yes. Move on. Too much, my friend.
ReplyDelete