Tuesday, August 21, 2012

a wine a day

I've never been all that much of a drinker. I mean, I have a glass of wine when I go out to dinner, and have been known to over-imbibe at times (grad school was a particular highlight - or lowlight, as the case may be). I can still put it back if I need to (i.e. when going dancing or drowning sorrows for my own or others' breakups).

But when I moved into my house and made some comment to a couple friends about how one night I made dinner and opened a bottle of wine, I felt shamed when they made comments about me drinking by myself. And heck if I don't think about that every time I open a bottle of wine for dinner. So I almost never have a drink when I'm home alone (which is, let's face it, most of the time).

But there have been a number of studies recently that show that drinking a glass of wine every day is, in fact, good for your health. And I enjoy wine. So I've decided that they can shove it, and I'm going to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner.

Salute!

2 comments:

  1. I always drink a wine or two alone. I think it's totally fine and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with KC. I love a glass of wine with dinner or in the evening here and there. It feels sophisticated or something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...