Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 reads

2012 was an ok year in books. I wasn't that excited about many of those I read, and as per usu I didn't make enough time to read. So I'm not even all that inspired to document. But as I've done in 2011 and 2010, I want to continue to blog the books I've read. Those that are bold are favorites. In order of appearance:

Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, Carol Dweck
Monster, Walter Dean Myers, a reread
Sarah's Key, Tatiana de Rosney
Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
Stolen: A Letter to my Captor, Lucy Christopher
Hero, Perry Moore
Student Success in College: Creating Conditions That Matter, George Kuh
Cut, Patricia McCormick
Wonderstruck, Brian Selznick
The House on Mango Street, Sandra Cisneros, a reread
American Born Chinese, Gene Luen Yang
Tangerine, Edward Bloor, a reread
The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
Behind the Beautiful Forevers, Katherine Boo
Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation, Parker Palmer
The Magician King, Lev Grossman
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, Maggie O'Farrell
Inside Out and Back Again, Thanhha Lai
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs
The Maze Runner, James Dashner
In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin, Erik Larson
Little Bee, Chris Cleave
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, Michelle Alexander
Everyday Anti-Racism: Getting Real About Race in School, Mica Pollock
Between Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys
Love Drugged, James Klise
Silhouette of a Sparrow, Molly Beth Giffin
This is How You Lose Her, Junot Diaz
The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court, Jeffrey Toobin
Tender at the Bone: Growing Up at the Table, Ruth Reichl
The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
Wonder, R.J. Palacio
Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy #2), Ken Follett
The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern
The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court, Jeffrey Toobin
The Marriage Plot, Jeffrey Eugenides
Yummy: The Last Days of a Southside Shorty, G. Neri
Morning Girl, Michael Dorris
The Round House, Louise Erdrich

More than 2010 but fewer than last year. Almost all of the books I've made favorites are YA titles. I do love a good YA novel.

Here's to more reading in 2013, and here's hoping there are more favorites on the 2013 list!

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Round House right now!! Thanks for the list and for writing a blog I like to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey KC, thanks! I thought Round House was a beautiful, intense, thoughtful novel. I am so glad I ended the year with it. Thanks for reading my blog; I equally enjoy yours! Happy 2013!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...