Wednesday, December 15, 2010

held hostage? really?

I'm pretty upset about the whole tax-cut deal. I really don't see how this is compromise. I don't understand how the wealthiest 1% really need more money - doubtful that it is going to create millions of jobs. As Keith Ellison stated on MPR yesterday, the wealthiest of the wealthy do not need the cuts. Their personal shoppers and massage therapists and chefs will still be employed. To me, this seems reckless and unnecessary in a time of such deficit. I guess we'll see how the vote goes.




And while we're at it, I really can't believe that the bill to aid first responders didn't pass. Jon Stewart decided that this "lame as fuck congress" had no excuses.

Oh, and then there's the rejection of the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell." It perhaps will come up to vote as its own issue this week. Let's hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...