Thursday, December 9, 2010

new plan

I know that the typical American gains two pounds during the holidays and never loses them again.

I also know that my legs currently resemble overstuffed sausages in most of my pants. I had mistakenly only tried on the pants with a suit I brought to Fort Worth that I was worried about not fitting (they ended up being barely passable, but passable nonetheless), only to discover that it was the jacket that was obscenely tight and not appropriate to wear while discussing my dissertation. Ended up having to recycle an outfit.

I know that I'm still a normal weight, despite my sausage-like legs. But I'm uncomfortable almost every day in my clothes and really can't afford a whole new wardrobe. I am hoping to maintain my current weight over the holidays and then start losing again after New Years. And then I need new resolve to lose this dissertation weight. I keep saying I'm starting but after two good days, I break down and eat too much chocolate and undo all the good.

So here's my new plan:
4-5 runs per week
1-2 bodypump (or other Y) classes per week
stick to WW

I'm hoping to hit the manageable weight loss goal of 1 pound/week starting Jan 3. Which puts me at my goal by early March. I'm going to stick to the workout plan starting now (which, really, I mostly do). The WW is the tough thing.

I'm hoping that by committing it to the blogosphere, I'll keep myself more honest.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I hope this works. I'm not ready to commit to blog world- maybe in January! After I've gained the two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic it will work this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are determined. It will work. I'm a sucker for cookies, and already ate my weight in them today. Rats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...