I am crazy about footnotes. I have never taken much advantage of these miraculous little creatures, but now I have seen the light.
I was completely flummoxed by what to do about explaining specific things (like a reference to a text or a term that might not be widely known) within the quotes of my participants I'm using in my dissertation. It seemed so awkward to interrupt my argument to explain something that some readers might not understand (ok, since my committee members are the only people that will read it and one has less background in reading development and instruction, it is for the benefit of said person). Not that it happened a lot, but enough that it was irksome.
But then it hit me. Footnotes! The angels sing.
Oy. I need to get a life.
So glad you found a solution. I have no idea how to use footnotes. You've got skills.
ReplyDelete