Wednesday, June 2, 2010

a penny saved

As a graduate student, I had to radically change my spending habits to accommodate my new level of income (or lack thereof). I used to buy a lot more clothes than I do now. I used to travel tons more. I used to eat out more with friends; I bought books.

I've embraced my current wardrobe (really, I was never trendy, so this wasn't much of a sacrifice), and dream of how sweet future travels will be. I've focused on cooking at home, and fell in love all over again with the library.

I made a cost-saving mistake last week. Great Clips. I'm sure one can get a perfectly fine haircut there; however, I did not. I'm not exactly sure how the man who cut my hair was certified. Maybe it was an online degree. At any rate, I will be wearing my hair up until I can scrape together the dollars to get a real hair cut.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! LOL! Bill goes there and is happy with it about 10% of the time. You're good for trying. Really what should be so hard about your hair?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...