Monday, June 7, 2010

trivia

I think that grad school has made me dumber.

On a semi-regular basis, some grad school and other teacher friends of mine get together for trivia on Monday nights at a bar we frequent even more regularly. I needed a break from my computer, and I decided to take it with a beer and trivia tonight.

We were wretched. We missed all of the current pop culture questions. First lines of classic movies? Terrible. The last round was all about D-Day. I think we got two right. Oddly enough, there was even a question about the college where my dad is a professor. And I had no clue. What has happened to me?

I'm completely out of touch. And all my brain power is being spent on this stupid paper. There's apparently no room left for American history or movie lines.

All I know how to do is teach kids to read. And how to teach teachers to teach kids to read. Granted, these are important. But, man, I really could have used a $30 gift card!

Maybe next week.

2 comments:

  1. A question about Carleton? Weird. Glad you got out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, apparently the students redecorated the observatory as R2D2 during finals week. It turned out pretty awesome. They also broke the world record for number of people spooning together. Ah, finals week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...