It wasn't quite the accommodations of Carrie's house or the cute hotels we'd been staying in, but the options in Oia were limited. Well no, the options weren't limited, but most hotels cost well over $300/night, which we opted against. But the courtyard was really cute and they had yummy drinks-of-the-day, which we ordered at 9:45 with our breakfast. We got some strange looks but hey, we were on vacation! After we planned our day, we headed to lunch...
After lunch, the other ladies went to the beach, but I decided I wanted to explore this cute town. I'm glad I did. I got to most of the nooks and crannies of this adorable pedestrian town, and decided I needed to come back some time.
I took a ridiculous number of pictures of this town, particularly those famous blue domes. Interesting story goes along with them - when Greece was occupied (long ago, I missed when), the people were not allowed to fly the flag, so they painted their houses and churches blue and white instead to stick it to their occupiers.
Santorini is famous for their sunsets. So everyone in town heads to the side of town with the best view and crowds the twisted walkways around town for a view.
Dusk was beautiful around town.
This is Fira, the other main town on Santorini, as seen from Oia.
After sunset, we went on a search for a place for dinner. And wow, we lucked out.
We had one of our best meals of the trip at this place.
A truly amazing day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment