Willems, M. (2010). City dog, country frog. New York: Hyperion.
Really, this picture book should be credited to the illustrator: Jon Muth, best known for Zen Shorts. The watercolor illustrations are just beautiful and add to the charm of this picture book. And I do love Mo Willems and everything he's written. Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed is my current fave.
The delightful book is the story of an unlikely friendship over the course of a year. The theme of friendship is simple and clear, though the end (loss and heartbreak) may be lost on the youngest of readers. However, it is certain to be enjoyed by readers of all ages, and ends in a touching way.
Definitely a keeper for my shelves.
Mmm... don't know this one. I love Mo, too. I'll check it out.
ReplyDeleteStressed?
I love your Friday posts. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteWe need to go book shopping sometime soon and spend some of my money. You could be a bad influence.