Monday, August 2, 2010

my adviser's back, and I'm gonna be in trouble

Adviser is back as of yesterday (theoretically, that is. I don't know whether all went according to plan). I thought about sitting outside her house with a copy of my revised draft and a thermos of coffee, waiting for her to get back. "Here you go. I'll wait."

I didn't think that'd go over well, so I decided just to email it to her.

The threat of identity theft last week left me a bit distracted, and I'm not thrilled with the outcome of this latest draft. I feel like chapters 1-5 (the ones I got feedback on) are in really good shape. Chapters 6-7 are passable (which, really, is all that matters at this point. Passing). Chapter 8 is a disaster. It is also probably the most important chapter. So that's not good. Granted, I only got feedback on 5 chapters, so I guess I'm ahead of the game?? Maybe not.

Please, let her pull through for me this week. Please.

At least I got 6.5 hours of sleep last night. Feel like a new woman and ready to deal with whatever (if anything) she throws my way.

2 comments:

  1. If you want me to tp her house or anything let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If she follows-through this week, my rage might be assuaged. But if she doesn't, tp sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...