I'm really tired. Tired of staying up late and working day and night on this stupid paper. Seriously, I never want to see it again. After the 26th. Well, that's not true. I need it to get me a couple presentations and publications so I can keep my job. But a lot of it doesn't even feel like mine, as I'm making the revisions and edits my adviser wants.
I recognize the irony in complaining about having to make the revisions I so desperately pleaded for over the last two months. Is that irony? No, it's something else, but I have no brain power left and I can't think of what it is.
There's just so much to do. And only three more days to do it all. Oh, and my syllabi for the fall are due in a week. And we're saying final good-byes to a friend moving to Greece. And after I get this diss written, I still have to develop my presentation for my defense.
Ok, one thing at a time. I always get things done. I'm sure I'll survive this too.
Looks like some all- or near all-nighters are in my near future. And probably not much blogging. See you on the flip side.
Hang in there! I'm cheering for you. Now, I feel bad I sent you a fb message giving you a hard time:)
ReplyDeleteIf it helps at all, you were in my dream last night. You were all done and moving on to your new job. And I was moving into your dorm room which happened to be in Goodhue (the least desirable dorm on Carleton's campus). That was the weird part. I've had a lot of weird dreams lately, so let's focus on the fact that you were done!
ReplyDelete